Monday, September 15, 2008

New Album from Brad Sucks

Ottawa native Brad Sucks has released a new album, Out of It, in the same manner that he released his first album. That means that it is under a Creative Commons license, the full sources are available, you can download it for free or you can buy the CD for whatever you think it's worth. Whether or not it was intentional at first, this method of release has garnered Brad Sucks a lot of free publicity through open source advocates, podcasts and Youtube music videos, among a host of others avenues.

The music on the album is fairly good, but I'm not sure if I like it as much as his debut album, I Don't Know What I'm Doing. I Don't Know What I'm Doing had a number of songs with fairly good hooks to them that you just can't get out of your head; Out of It has hints of the same thing but mostly reminds me of the songs from I Don't Know What I'm Doing. I suspect that Out of It will get a chance to dig its hooks into me as I listen to it more, which I plan on doing.

No comments: